Thursday, April 23, 2015

And Again, More Shaz!

(Don't worry--we are nearing the end of what I currently have written. Actually, I like to think that makes you sad, but I also realize no one is actually reading this.)

Anyway, the three Shaz stories I just posted have a special place in my heart because they are the first ones I wrote. The one labeled VI is actually the original Shaz story. As I've said before, they don't all flow together as well when read in order chronologically by setting as when read chronologically by writing, but reading chronologically by writing also makes no sense because you'd be jumping all over the internal timeline. Maybe someday I'll go through and smooth it out, but it's not very high on my priority list.

Part of the reason it isn't is that the Shaz series is never done. Although I've posted almost all I have written, I fully intend to continue working on them here and there as I feel so inclined, and probably will continue writing them out of order.

You may understand why there have been so many prequels instead of sequels when you read VI. I'll try not to say too much here, but there's a character who does not appear in any story after VI. Having things play out the way they did made sense when VI was a stand-alone story, but...things are just a little more fun when this character is around.

Anyway, I hope you like them, and go easy on me--I really was in high school when I wrote them, but they're fundamental to the Shaz series, so here they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment