Friday, June 5, 2015

Wilderness Survival

I've added another Realist story. I think I like this one more than Of Dragons and Wizards but less than the pilot episode. I've had friends say some elements one were a little "too weird" and therefore not very satisfying, but most of that I did intentionally. These fantasy creatures--they aren't human, so you shouldn't expect them to make sense at first glance. The pace of these stories is such that you seldom get much more than a glance. Be patient. World building takes time, and Madison is on a whirlwind, breadth-first tour. Hope you enjoy it.

6 comments:

  1. You are writing too fast for me to keep up. I just finished Shaz V which I liked as usual. However, I must admit that Ashtuke was a little gullible to let Pelnor take off in the shuttle on a suicide mission. But then again, he's a snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm just posting faster than you can read. I've got two more episodes of the Realist stories that I need to polish, then I'll be caught up and the pace will slow dramatically. And yes, as I'm sure you've noticed, Shaz is obscenely lucky. He's a space pirate. What can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew just finished VI. Glad Shad is free . . . for now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever contact disguising himself as a bounty hunter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog and discussion! I wish there were a section for jokes. Here's one. An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar. The first orders a beer. The second orders half a beer, the next a quarter beer, and so forth. The bartender pours two beers and says, "you guys should know your limits."

    ReplyDelete